You can now book to attend AMOSSHE’s winter conference Live Well, Study Well: supporting student life and wellbeing through Student Services. This one day continuing professional development event for Student Services professionals takes place on Friday 6 February 2015 at the Holiday Inn Camden Lock in London.
Unlike our usual one day events, at Live Well, Study Well you’ll be able to choose from a range of sessions, to explore how Student Services in higher education can support and enhance student wellbeing and the student experience.
Through presentations and workshops we’ll explore a range of topical areas, many of which will be pressing items on the ‘to-do’ list of Student Services professionals. These include:
- Mental health and peer support: how Student Services can help students to support each other, and approaches to supporting students with mental health and learning difficulties.
- Sexual consent and lad culture: forging a culture of respect.
- Student homes and accommodation: the challenges faced by students who don’t live in university-owned accommodation, and managing relationships with external halls providers.
- Legal highs and drug culture: the culture of legal drug use and its impact on mental health, plus strategies and research to tackle these challenges.
- Radicalisation: student services and the Prevent agenda.
- Fitness to study: determining whether a student is well enough to study well.
Find out about all the topics and sessions, and book your place, here: Live Well, Study Well.
Places at the event are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment!